Eureka Springs, Arkansas
Hopefully the snow will be gone soon and Spring is just around the corner. We’re gearing up for February and want to make the entire month of February Romantic with month-long Specials. Celebrate your annual “Valentine’s Day” with us. Chocolate Lovers won’t want to miss the Annual Chocolate Lovers Festival on February 12th with a chocolate seminar, chocolate dipping fountains, chocolate sampling, “best of” contests and gift items available.
Mardi Gras celebrations dominate the March calendar. Come take part in the fast growing celebrations all over town. We’ve even put together a Mardi Gras in Eureka Package to help you celebrate. Costumes are encouraged. The Pine Mountain Jamboree will be starting their 2011 Season March 4th. The St. Patricks’ Day Parade and the Victorian Classic 10K will be on March 12 and the Spring Antique show will be March 18th. Don’t miss these annual events that draw bigger crowds to Eureka Springs each year.
Come relax and rejuvenate in Eureka Springs, your extraordinary escape. Reserve your dates today!
VALENTINE’S MONTH SPECIAL
Make Romance Last More Than A Day!
* Two Nights in a Private Honeymoon Cottage**
* A Dinner for Two at one of Eureka’s fine restaurants ($50 voucher)
* A Chilled Bottle of Champagne or Sparkling Cider in your room on arrival
* In-Room Full Breakfast each morning
* Desserts in your room each day
- $449 Valentine’s Weekend
- $399 Any days in February except Valentine’s Weekend (Feb 11 – 13)
**Substitute any of our suites at a reduced price. Call for details.
- Add a third night to either package for $150
No other discounts apply, All Prices Plus Tax
WHITE CHOCOLATE AMARETTO CAKE
1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
1 (3.3 ounce) package instant white
chocolate pudding mix
1/2 cup cold water
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup amaretto liqueur
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup water
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup amaretto liqueur
1 (16 ounce) package vanilla frosting
1/4 cup blanched slivered almonds
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly oil a 10 inch non-stick Bundt pan.
2. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, eggs, pudding mix, 1/2 cup of cold water, oil, 1/2 cup amaretto and 1/4 teaspoon almond extract. Blend well for approximately 3 minutes.
3. Pour batter into prepared 10 inch Bundt pan. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45 minutes to an hour, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
4. Remove cake from oven, and use an ice pick or skewer to make as many holes as possible into the cake. Apply glaze while cake is still warm. Slowly and patiently drizzle glaze over cake, including the edges and center of Bundt pan. Allow cake to cool in the pan for at least 2 hours.
5. To make the glaze: Combine butter, sugar, 1/4 cup water, and 1/2 cup amaretto in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, and continue to boil for 10 minutes, stirring constantly.
6. Topping: Lightly toast slivered almonds in the oven. This will take 5 to 10 minutes. Stir frequently and be careful not to burn. Heat 1/4 cup of the prepared frosting in the microwave for 10 seconds, to soften. Place the cake on serving dish and use a spoon to drizzle the softened frosting over the cake. Scatter toasted almonds over cake before frosting cools.