Bed and Breakfast April Newsletter
Eureka Springs, Arkansas
Spring is finally here. It’s been a tough, long winter and I’m sure you, like us, are glad it’s over. The weather is nice and everyone should get out and do some things that have been postponed because of the weather. We’re doing yardwork, cleaning and getting things all spruced up for Spring.
This month, as always, there are lots of things going on in Eureka Springs. In addition to the usual things like cave tours, sightseeing, shopping and dining, the Pine Mountain Jamboree will have their opening weekend April 4th and 5th. Second Saturday Gallery Stroll will be held April 12th.
Make your reservation to Escape to our Ozarks Bed and Breakfast today!
SPRING GETAWAY SPECIAL
You know you need a Getaway!
- Two Nights in a King Jacuzzi Suite (Maylie or Matalyn)
- A Full Breakfast in the Privacy of Your Room Each Morning
- Afternoon Desserts delivered to Your Room
- A Dinner for Two at one of Eureka’s fine restaurants ($50 voucher)
- A Horse-Drawn Carriage Ride
- ALL for $349.00 plus tax!
- Good in April Only
Crust and Topping
1 cup packed brown sugar
5 tablespoons butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 large egg, lightly beaten
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup fat-free sweetened condensed milk
1 1/4 cups butterscotch morsels (about 8 ounces)
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts, toasted
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Combine sugar and butter in a large bowl. Stir in vanilla and egg. Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, oats, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and baking soda in a bowl. Add oat mixture to sugar mixture; stir with a fork until combined (mixture will be crumbly). Place 3 cups oat mixture into the bottom of a 13 x 9-inch baking pan coated with cooking spray; press into bottom of pan. Set aside.
3. Place sweetened condensed milk, butterscotch morsels, and 1/8 teaspoon salt in a microwave-safe bowl; microwave at HIGH 1 minute or until butterscotch morsels melt, stirring every 20 seconds. Stir in walnuts. Scrape mixture into pan, spreading evenly over crust. Sprinkle evenly with remaining oat mixture, gently pressing into butterscotch mixture. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until the topping is golden brown. Place pan on a cooling rack; run a knife around outside edge. Cool completely.
6th Annual Society Tea and Bonnet Contest. Twelve talented and creative designers decorate individual tables and prepare a dessert. Guests may show off their creative millinery skills by designing a hat to wear and enter the Bonnet contest. Visit online to see photos of this lovely event. Limited seating.
27th Annual UFO Conference at the Best Western Inn of the Ozarks. For more information visit http://www.ozarkufo(dot) com/ or email ozarkufo@gmail(dot) com.
2nd Saturday Gallery Stroll. From April to December, on the second Saturday of each month (and every Saturday in May) the galleries open their doors from 6-9 p.m. with special shows and artist receptions.
5th Annual Carol Helmer Memorial Run/Walk for Ovarian Cancer on Holiday Island. For more information contact Joanie Kratzer at 479-253-5986 or email joaniekesa@gmail(dot) com.
Poetluck is a potluck dinner and literary salon held the third Thursday of every month at The Writers’ Colony at Dairy Hollow in Eureka Springs.
38th Annual Springtime in the Ozarks. AA Convention at the Best Western Inn of the Ozarks. For more information visit www.nwarkaa(dot) org/springtime.htm.
Celebrate Jesus Music In The Park & Parade. On Friday the 18th there will be a variety of styles of Christian music in Basin Park from 11 AM– 5 PM. Sat the 19th there will be music in the park from 11 AM – 2 PM. The parade starts at 2 PM on Spring St. Music resumes after the parade till 5 PM. For more info call 479 253 8925 or email lardellen@gmail(dot) com.
38th Annual Easter Egg hunt at War Eagle Mill at 2:00pm. Call 479-789-5343 for more info.
Easter Brunch and Annual Egg Hunt at the Crescent Hotel. Reservations are required for Sunday Brunch. Please call 479-253-9652.
Easter Sunrise Service at the Christ of the Ozarks.
The Eureka Springs EasterBelles will host their annual Easter Parade on Easter Sunday at 2pm, Spring Street through Downtown Eureka Springs. The EasterBelles will be partnering with the Merlin Foundation to earmark raised funds for efforts that benefit women not covered by traditional sources. For information on participating in the parade, contact Cne’ Breaux at 703/400-6090 or eseasterbelles@gmail(dot) com.
10th Annual Carving in the Ozarks Festival. Watch chain saw carvers in action! For more information contact David Blankenship at 479-253-2080, email sleepy@ipa(dot) net or visit www.carvingintheozarks(dot) com
The “2014 Eureka Springs Friends of NRA 2nd Amendment Freedom Rally & Ride”. For more information: ajwilhelm@ymail(dot) com 870-545-3690.
April 25 & 26
Spring Yards & Yards of Yard Sales. Yard sale bargains all around town. Maps will be available so you can find them all! For more information call 800-6EUREKA or visit www.eurekaspringschamber(dot) com
Eureka Springs School of the Arts ReArt Chair-ity Event
April 27-May 1
Carroll County Bible Reading Marathon. For more information visit www.ccndpevent(dot) org or www.biblereadingmarathon(dot) org